Relocation Expense Analyst
The REM Analyst is responsible for the timely and accurate processing and reporting of costs related to the relocation of assigned clients’ employees in accordance with relocation tax law and current policies and procedures. The REM Analyst supports client program success through recommendations on payroll processes and related areas. The Expense Analyst manages multiple priorities and all deliverables on time. Requires the ability to work effectively, independently and within teams. This position is located in Pleasanton, CA; Wilton, CT; or Dallas, TX.
Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Administer entire REM process for assigned accounts both domestic and global -- including processing, auditing, tracking and reporting transferee expenses and vendor payments, ensuring subsequent payment and invoice accuracy
- Complete relocation related client payroll reporting and processes including year-end
- Interact daily with client payroll contact(s) and others regarding any transferee and client reporting needs
- Participates in implementation process to assure appropriate client set-up for assigned accounts
- Coordinate with tax advisors on relocation/assignment reporting
- Participates in client meetings/reviews as needed
- Participates in new business opportunities as needed
- Manage transactions in multiple currencies and manage currency conversions
- Other duties as they become necessary
- Minimum 3 years applicable relocation, relocation expense management or payroll experience
- Accounting degree or completion of related course work preferred
- Technical knowledge of Relocation Expense Management including Relocation tax law, payroll processes and reporting, audit practices and invoicing, Understands and can clearly communicate relationship between relocation payments, gross up, transferee pay and W-2 Statements
- Proficient in applicable Microsoft programs including, Outlook, Excel, Word and company tools and applications
- Demonstrated ability to relate well with clients, transferees and colleagues and maintain professional relationship
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively.
Customer Service – Seeks first to understand customer needs; Displays courtesy and empathy; manages difficult customer situations; meets commitments; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits feedback to improve service.
Planning & Organizing – Prioritizes multiple activities and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; integrates changes smoothly; sets goals and objectives; works in an organized and independent manner.
Problem Solving - Identifies problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Resolves problems in early stages; Works well in group problem solving situations.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Displays commitment to excellence; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests. Demonstrates flexibility in a changing environment.
Technical Skills - Must be competent in required job skills and knowledge; Ability to understand taxability and appropriate treatments. Exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; Keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; Displays understanding of how job relates to other jobs; Uses resources effectively. Uses technology effectively, including Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.